(English) Mastering s223 & s228: Substantial & Related Party Transactions under CA2016 by Mah Li Chen (MAICSA Chartered Secretary)
Everything you need to know about Mastering s223 & s228: Substantial & Related Party Transactions under CA2016
It is essential to determine what are substantial transactions by directors of company’s undertaking or property that require company’s approval. Related-party transactions remain an area that continues to baffle many due to its complexities and intricacies. To identify related parties under complicated and multi-layered structures and relationships of related parties may not be so obvious at times. We are required to discover from the facts and circumstances to make the connections and to ensure that appropriate and relevant disclosure is made timely and adequately to the market as well as to obtain the requisite approval as required under the laws, regulations and rules. Once a related party transaction is determined, then we need to look at whether any exemption applies. Therefore, we need to understand the rationale and purpose of these exemptions. This course is aimed at understanding, identifying and determining such substantial transactions by directors and related party transactions and also in enhancing our knowledge on the obligations of directors, major shareholders and persons connected to directors and major shareholders and company secretaries of public listed companies in dealing with them.
- Understanding the terminology of the provisions of the Companies Act 2016 and the latest Listing Requirements on substantial transactions, related parties and related party transactions
- Using pictorial approach to explain and identify related party transactions
- Disclosure obligations on related party transactions under the Companies Act 2016 and the latest Listing Requirements of Bursa Malaysia
- Exemptions available under the latest Listing Requirements of Bursa Malaysia in respect of related party transactions and the whys for such exemptions
- Determine the applicable percentage ratios to use in working out the thresholds for requisite disclosure and approval under the laws
- Enforcement actions on related party transactions and samples of disclosures.
Who Should Attend
- CEOs, COOs and CFOs, Company Directors, Managing Directors,
- Executive Directors, Company Secretaries, Corporate Advisers,
- Accountants, lawyers, academicians and those who wish to have a better understanding on substantial as well as related party transactions.
- Chartered Secretary
- Member of Technical and Professional Practice Committee
- Practising Certificate Committee of MAICSA
Mah Li Chen graduated with the ICSA qualification on 27 September 1995. She has since completed her LLB with Honours in 2003 from the University of London.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sign Up Now ... See you "inside" the paid area soon !
We highly encourage you to pay via credit card for instant access to the content.
However, you have the option to pay via online bank in method, Click Here for Instruction to Pay Through Bank
Hi, My name is EvannaMiss8. I am a One Leg Kick , Happy go Lucky Organiser & Producer of Webinars & Online Training for Professionals, Directors & Management
If you are still blur blur about this webinar, no worries ya ... you may contact me directly using any of the below methods
Whatsapp: +6012 203 8046
Bee Happy, Learn Online ...
Important Note: If you want to download the Certificate of Completion at the end of this course, please make sure the FULL NAME you key in is 100% Accurate ya ...